• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem Cannot login to TrueOs after install as Guest in VirtualBox

Cannot login to TrueOs after install as Guest in VirtualBox
I've installed (twice) this, TrueOS-Desktop-2016-12-27-x64-DVD.iso into VirtualBox running on a Windows 10 Host.
Once the trueos boots up, the login prompt only reports an invalid username/password combination.
The accounts are find, as I can drop to a command line prompt to check them.
Clearly something is wrong with the password authentication process in the PCDM login page.

Any ideas how to fix?
Thx
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to jradxl for this post:
  • grahamperrin

RE: Cannot login to TrueOs after install as Guest in VirtualBox
don't have a direct answer for you. You may want to head over to https://discourse.trueos.org ans search that site and ask over there.

The devs hangout there, and a more active user base

(01-04-2017, 05:54 PM)jradxl Wrote: I've installed (twice) this, TrueOS-Desktop-2016-12-27-x64-DVD.iso into VirtualBox running on a Windows 10 Host.
Once the trueos boots up, the login prompt only reports an invalid username/password combination.
The accounts are find, as I can drop to a command line prompt to check them.
Clearly something is wrong with the password authentication process in the PCDM login page.

Any ideas how to fix?
Thx

I remember another member had the same problem, with an earlier image. His username wasn't accepted, but his full name was... Can you try using your display name in the username box instead of your username?

You have to be careful because the Windows10 don't like other distros and third party security apps! For me everytime causing install and mounting problems (for installed and also for live distros). And I think I'm not alone with this. Sad

(01-05-2017, 06:05 PM)Larry Hagman Wrote: You have to be careful because the Windows10 don't like other distros and third party security apps! For me everytime causing install and mounting problems (for installed and also for live distros). And I think I'm not alone with this. Sad

Yeah the whole SecureBoot thing is nonsense. I disable it, everytime I see it. They sold it as "you can't get boot viruses anymore, because your boot drive is locked down."
In all reality, you can't put anything that Microsoft doesn't approve of on that machine, I have had 3 machines; I had to disable "SecureBoot" on and it has always been a pain in the butt to do. But viruses still abound and the SecureBoot solution doesn't seem to be doing anything about it. Other than preventing the novice from learning a new O.S.

(01-04-2017, 05:54 PM)jradxl Wrote: … something is wrong with the password authentication process in the PCDM login …

Click the United States icon, check that the keyboard layout is as required.

Found: Can't login to GUI unless Full Name == Username · Issue #269 · trueos/trueos-core

> jradxl opened this Issue 3 days ago
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to grahamperrin for this post:
  • Groot

(01-07-2017, 09:23 PM)grahamperrin Wrote: Found: Can't login to GUI unless Full Name == Username · Issue #269 · trueos/trueos-core

> jradxl opened this Issue 3 days ago

Would have been nice if he let us know, but oh well...

It wasn't intended as a dig … I sometimes forget to cross-reference Smile

Most pleasing is that the issue was reported (thanks, jradxl), which led to a fix.

(01-10-2017, 04:54 AM)grahamperrin Wrote: It wasn't intended as a dig … I sometimes forget to cross-reference  Smile

Most pleasing is that the issue was reported (thanks, jradxl), which led to a fix.

Most displeasing, is a$$holes that don't come back and tell yo that, the fix you suggested actually worked, so you are left in the dark, and are unable to guide the next guy with the same problem. What's even more aggravating is even bigger d!cks promoting and even congratulating this type of behavior.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PROBLEM Pc-mount tray don't work TrueOS Larry Hagman 7 1,773 12-30-2016, 02:39 PM
Last Post: Larry Hagman
  DISCUSSION Citrix Receiver/ICA Client on TrueOS & PC-BSD styr 2 213 12-15-2016, 05:01 AM
Last Post: styr
  QUESTION Moving archives created in PCBSD to TrueOS rrod 8 580 12-13-2016, 03:43 AM
Last Post: rrod
  PROBLEM TrueOs update fails bsdaddict 6 791 11-28-2016, 07:14 PM
Last Post: bsdaddict
  QUESTION Dual boot Ubuntu and TrueOS Yash Pal 2 711 11-13-2016, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Yash Pal
  QUESTION FreeBSD to TrueOS zackj 5 637 11-12-2016, 06:08 PM
Last Post: zackj
  QUESTION Questions about the transition from PC-BSD to TrueOS Tiberius Duval 56 6,107 11-12-2016, 11:37 AM
Last Post: grahamperrin

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon