> As I get further into the documentation, I should be seeing a /dev/usm0 or
> other numbered device in my /dev folder. When my system boots up, it sees the
> mouse as /dev/uhid0 but moused will not recognize the mouse when I type
> moused -p /dev/uhid0 -t auto
> Do I need to create a usm0 device and link it somehow or is this just a case
> of faulty hardware detection?
> The touch pad mouse works just fine.

Ah, you have one of the uhid mice. Those don't just work quite yet. I
believe there are patches to either moused or uhid to support them.
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/free ... 03621.html
Old 09-08-2006, 11:26 PM

Default Re: USB wireless mouse does not work sometimes
I have a Microsoft compact USB mouse for my notebook. I have had that problem with some Linux systems as well. I am not saying all of them do not recognize it. As a matter of fact, a lot of the Linux systems do have fairly good USB support. But I still have not had any luck with FreeBSD and since no luck with that, obviously PCBSD too. I do not think that it is truely a USB issue but rather a wireless USB issue. I have not been able to get any wireless USB device to work on any Linux or Unix OS. :shock:
Originally Posted by antik
Quote:
> As I get further into the documentation, I should be seeing a /dev/usm0 or
> other numbered device in my /dev folder. When my system boots up, it sees the
> mouse as /dev/uhid0 but moused will not recognize the mouse when I type
> moused -p /dev/uhid0 -t auto
> Do I need to create a usm0 device and link it somehow or is this just a case
> of faulty hardware detection?
> The touch pad mouse works just fine.

Ah, you have one of the uhid mice. Those don't just work quite yet. I
believe there are patches to either moused or uhid to support them.
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/free ... 03621.html
Old 09-08-2006, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by zeusx64
I have a Microsoft compact USB mouse for my notebook. I have had that problem with some Linux systems as well. I am not saying all of them do not recognize it. As a matter of fact, a lot of the Linux systems do have fairly good USB support. But I still have not had any luck with FreeBSD and since no luck with that, obviously PCBSD too. I do not think that it is truely a USB issue but rather a wireless USB issue. I have not been able to get any wireless USB device to work on any Linux or Unix OS. :shock:
Both antik and I are using Logitech wireless USB mice with PC-BSD and have not had any problems. Also, perusing the FreeBSD lists, it looks like there has be quite a bit of work done in the USB area so maybe the next release will treat us better.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by dracheflieger
Both antik and I are using Logitech wireless USB mice with PC-BSD and have not had any problems. Also, perusing the FreeBSD lists, it looks like there has be quite a bit of work done in the USB area so maybe the next release will treat us better.
I find it wierd that I do not have the same issue with my other, non wireless, usb mice. They all work but not the wireless one and I have a wireless usb NIC with no action either. This has always been the case since I started using PCBSD but I guess it is just un-supported at this time. Oh well, I won't cry.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by dracheflieger
I find it wierd that I do not have the same issue with my other, non wireless, usb mice. They all work but not the wireless one and I have a wireless usb NIC with no action either. This has always been the case since I started using PCBSD but I guess it is just un-supported at this time. Oh well, I won't cry.
Old 09-09-2006, 04:01 AM

Send a message via ICQ to TerryP Send a message via AIM to TerryP Send a message via Yahoo to TerryP
*Wireless mice* blagh.

I look on my bosses desks. The wife has a dell Multimedia PC with a wireless, the husband has a old desktop and desktop-like server unit. /W the oldest PS/2 looking mouse and keyboard I've seen in awhile.

Shes probably got a pentium 4, he's probably lucky to have a 3, what I see in this?

If it ain't broke don't fix it. *roasted rats all cook alike but ones with tails taste better*

From gaming expirence I hate wireless mice so don't mind mee!
Old 09-09-2006, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by TerryP
*Wireless mice* blagh.
From gaming expirence I hate wireless mice so don't mind mee!
I once purchased a wirless Microsoft Kybrd & mouse set. 99 bucks. This was when I played UT2003 non stop. I returned it the next day. Crap for action. Thanks M$ for anotyher genius product.