Old 06-01-2006, 07:29 PM

Default Installation/Resolution problem...
Hi to all!
I've just installed pcbsd on my pc. I have an LCD monitor (refresh rate up to 60Hz) and during boot, the splash screen didn't show up and the monitor displayed "refresh rate out of bounds". I pressed tab to leave the splash screen. During installation (forgot to mention that i chose the default installation 1024x768) there was no problem with the screen. When the installation completed, during the next boot i can't see anything from the login manager cause its configured at >60Hz. What can i do to boot into console in order to fix the refresh rate? It starts automatically the xserver. Please help!
Old 06-01-2006, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Installation/Resolution problem...
Originally Posted by paralias
Hi to all!
I've just installed pcbsd on my pc. I have an LCD monitor (refresh rate up to 60Hz) and during boot, the splash screen didn't show up and the monitor displayed "refresh rate out of bounds". I pressed tab to leave the splash screen. During installation (forgot to mention that i chose the default installation 1024x768) there was no problem with the screen. When the installation completed, during the next boot i can't see anything from the login manager cause its configured at >60Hz. What can i do to boot into console in order to fix the refresh rate? It starts automatically the xserver. Please help!
Press Ctrl+F2 (go to console) and log in as root user.
Now from command line type:

Code:
# ee /etc/X11/XF86Config
Change lines:

Quote:
Section "Monitor"
#DisplaySize 380 300 # mm
Identifier "Monitor0"
VendorName "SAM"
ModelName "SyncMaster"
### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
HorizSync 30.0 - 81.0
VertRefresh 56.0 - 60.0 # Change this
Option "DPMS"
EndSection
Old 06-01-2006, 07:50 PM

ok! Did it :-) thanx a lot!
Old 06-05-2006, 05:31 PM

Default I have resolution issues too!!!
Hello guys.Although PCBSd is my preferred alternative OS I can't seem to be able to fix the resolution.Although my TFT Neovo F-417 offers 1280X1024 at 75 Hz, PCBSD doesn't allow me to use these parameters and I'm stuck with the 1024X768.

I tried the /etc/X11/XF86Config command as root but it is invalid.By saying this I mean that I'm shown zero entries.Like, monitor zero,and all other hadrware zeros.As if I had no hardware.

I also tried this command here but the command prompt returns ''command invalid''. When I want to enter as ''root' I type su -.Then I am asked for my root passport and all seem fine.But when I type the commands they are either invalid or non effective.The only command that I can get to work is : xorgcdf -textmode. But after I configure the screen as I want,then PCBSD becomes unbootable.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:35 PM

Default One more thing...
I have the same problems also with Mepis.However Mandriva 2006 configured everything perfectly from te installation stage! By far superior hardware recognition.But I'm really fond of PCBSD so I hope you can help me with this.
Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:40 PM

Default Re: I have resolution issues too!!!
Originally Posted by benign_man

I also tried this command here but the command prompt returns ''command invalid''. When I want to enter as ''root' I type su -.Then I am asked for my root passport and all seem fine.But when I type the commands they are either invalid or non effective.The only command that I can get to work is : xorgcdf -textmode. But after I configure the screen as I want,then PCBSD becomes unbootable.
Code:
# shutdown now
# Xorg -configure
# cp /root/xorg.conf.new /etc/X11/xorg.conf
# exit
Old 06-05-2006, 10:24 PM

Default Re: Installation/Resolution problem...
Originally Posted by antik
Originally Posted by paralias
Hi to all!
Press Ctrl+F2 (go to console) and log in as root user.
Now from command line type:

Code:
# ee /etc/X11/XF86Config
Change lines:

Quote:
Section "Monitor"
#DisplaySize 380 300 # mm
Identifier "Monitor0"
VendorName "SAM"
ModelName "SyncMaster"
### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
HorizSync 30.0 - 81.0
VertRefresh 56.0 - 60.0 # Change this
Option "DPMS"
EndSection
New at this what do i enter if i want "1024X768 and refresh 75+" Don't know what to add? Thanks
Old 06-30-2006, 10:30 AM

Default Thanks a million!!!
Good news.Thanks to FVS's input I was able to finally configure my TFT monitor to acceptable visual levels and at 1280X1024.I can't tell you how happy I am since I like psbsd very much.

I'm running it now and so far all is fine.Thanks a lot to all of you for your kindness and help.

(Viva Argentina today ! )