Old 05-14-2006, 07:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to Puffball Send a message via MSN to Puffball Send a message via Yahoo to Puffball
Default ATI's fglrx driver ported to FreeBSD
Occassionally I see people complain about the lack of an ATI driver that supports 3D acceleration, and I came across a page with a port. I doesn't build the module to the BSD kernel like the linux counterpart does, consequently assisting in the 3D acceleration, but from what I've read this port helps OpenGL performance somewhat.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/f...ry/060091.html

The link above is some general information, the actual link to the tarball is here: http://www.neovanglist.net/~Neovangl...A.i386.tar.bz2

Its a few months old, but its a good sign that a few developers are interested in porting it.

edit: looking around the forums, I see this isn't too new, but fuck, its not a bad rehash. :P