View Poll Results: What do you prefer to open directories and launch applications?
Single click 9 37.50%
Double-click 15 62.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2006, 04:32 AM

Default Click vs. Double-click
On PC-BSD and on Windows, to launch an application you double-click.
KDE's default behavior though is clicking (just once) to open links, opening directories or launching applications.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:11 AM

Default Re: Click vs. Double-click
Originally Posted by Charles
On PC-BSD and on Windows, to launch an application you double-click.
KDE's default behavior though is clicking (just once) to open links, opening directories or launching applications.
Let's leave double-click by default and let users decide what they want.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:48 AM

Send a message via MSN to grrwood Send a message via Yahoo to grrwood
im going to have to go double click for this one cause i do alot of file searching and
just looking around in general and it can be troublesome sometimes when you just
want to highlight say a photo or something or a .sh file and it gets executed.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:42 AM

I vote Double-Click. If end-users want to single-click they can change that through the KDE Options.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:37 AM

Send a message via ICQ to TerryP Send a message via AIM to TerryP Send a message via Yahoo to TerryP
I prefer single click (which is on my non wheel group account). But, do to windows default I usually use Double Click so I am used to it on other peoples computer.

Although I could probably edit the registory so that Single Click registors like a *snap* instead of taking longer then a double click in windows. <Windows single click to open is slower then Double Clicking...

HEY!!! My mom is always asking Single or Double click And she dosn't remember - Icons Double Click, so maybe I should set her Windows box to Single Click mode hahahahahah.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:50 PM

I prefer double-clicking because there are less chances of being agitated. The act of clicking on a random object to give focus to a window is so engrained into my use of computers that I tend to also click on a desktop icon when I bring the desktop into view. Making it single-click would make applications launch despite my not wanting them to, then I must wait for the program to load and display, then I must close the window. That is a lot of agitation for such a minor slip-up. One does not need an active imagination to see how that could irritate people. Not to mention the fact that many double-clickers may be coming from Windows and may not know how to change the behaviour while the single-clickers will probably be coming from a *nix background and will know how to change the behaviour.

Forcing single-clickers to double-click would certainly agitate less people than forcing double-clickers to single-click.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to Sparkfist
I like the double click simply because I move a lot of files around and a single click can cause the computer to open the file I simply want to select. I really should change that as it's the default on my SuSE system right now.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:20 AM

Single Click forever....I hate double clicking.