Old 06-12-2014, 06:05 PM

Default k3b
I just wanted to double check if anyone else is having this problem? I'm trying to import a cd (into mp3/ogg, for my phone) using k3b, which starts fine, but once you pop in a cd it dies (closes or quits). I have to ctrl+c to get back to prompt. Here's the output when started from cli:

Code:
[me@pcbsd] ~% k3b
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
KGlobal::locale(): Warning your global KLocale is being recreated with a valid main component instead of a fake component, this usually means you tried to call i18n related functions before your main component was created. You should not do that since it most likely will not work
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
[me@pcbsd] ~% K3bQProcess::QProcess(0x0)
K3bQProcess::QProcess(0x0)
k3b(54823)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "view_projects" with KXMLGUIFactory! 
k3b(54823)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "view_dir_tree" with KXMLGUIFactory! 
k3b(54823)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "view_contents" with KXMLGUIFactory! 
k3b(54823)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "location_bar" with KXMLGUIFactory! 
k3b(54823) KSambaSharePrivate::testparmParamValue: We got some errors while running testparm "Load smb config files from /usr/local/etc/smb4.conf
Error loading services.
" 
k3b(54823) KSambaSharePrivate::findSmbConf: KSambaShare: Could not find smb.conf! 
k3b: Fatal IO error: client killed
Unable to start Dr. Konqi
This is in XFCE but I tried it in KDE as well (just to see) and same issue. I'm not sure what "Dr.Konqi" is or what to do/try next, so thought I'd throw it on the forums to see if anyone has this issue too or if it's just me and maybe any advice.

I also tried to install 'sound-juicer' from ports but failed with some error, might try that again later. I can't think of any other programs to import a cd with, any suggestions?

Last edited by Micros; 06-13-2014 at 03:07 AM.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:44 PM
Administrator of Justice and Stuff

Seems broken to me also. I did test burning a .iso file and that worked just fine.

Code:
[DJ9@eek-eek] ~% QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
KGlobal::locale(): Warning your global KLocale is being recreated with a valid main component instead of a fake component, this usually means you tried to call i18n related functions before your main component was created. You should not do that since it most likely will not work
k3b(3924)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "view_projects" with KXMLGUIFactory! 
k3b(3924)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "view_dir_tree" with KXMLGUIFactory! 
k3b(3924)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "view_contents" with KXMLGUIFactory! 
k3b(3924)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "location_bar" with KXMLGUIFactory! 
k3b(3924) KSambaSharePrivate::testparmParamValue: We got some errors while running testparm "Load smb config files from /usr/local/etc/smb4.conf
Error loading services.
" 
k3b(3924) KSambaSharePrivate::findSmbConf: KSambaShare: Could not find smb.conf! 
QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running.
QKqueueFileSystemWatcherEngine: error during kevent wait: Bad file descriptor
KCrash: Application 'k3b' crashing...
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/local/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi from kdeinit
sock_file=/usr/home/DJ9/.kde4/socket-eek-eek/kdeinit4__0
k3b: Fatal IO error: client killed
Unable to start Dr. Konqi

[1]    Done                          k3b
I just tossed in a music CD and the above error was what I got.

Code:
FreeBSD eek-eek 10.0-RELEASE-p12 FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE-p12 #0: Wed Jun  4 14:50:48 UTC 2014     root@amd64-builder.pcbsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

Last edited by DJ9; 06-12-2014 at 10:47 PM. Reason: added system info
The Following User Says Thank You to DJ9 For This Useful Post:
Micros (06-13-2014)
Old 06-12-2014, 11:20 PM

Ok thanks for confirming DJ9. I'm going to drop them a ticket on bug trac just to let them know. I know this used to work because I've used it before.

https://trac.pcbsd.org/ticket/1178

Last edited by Micros; 06-12-2014 at 11:43 PM. Reason: trac ticket
The Following User Says Thank You to Micros For This Useful Post:
DJ9 (06-13-2014)
Old 06-13-2014, 07:44 AM

On Linux, I used to 'rip' with cdparanoia & encode with lame, I believe xmms can also 'rip'. Hope that is of some interest to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to bsdkeith For This Useful Post:
Micros (06-16-2014)