Old 11-30-2013, 12:44 PM

Default Warden autoadds my mainuser to jails and mounts my files
Hi,

just played around with two portsjails, one of which I wanted to use to install a browser and do my online banking apart from the main system. Currently I use a VirtualBox system to do online banking and switching to a jail would be nice. I got a portsjail with a browser installed, all working so far. Then I wanted to add a user to the jail to run the banking browser as, and the following took place:
No matter what I enter in the User Administrator tool, it gets replaced with the info for my main user in my host when the jail runs. Even more, my home directory is automatically nullfs mounted inside the jail! WTF?!
Old 11-30-2013, 07:18 PM

Default Port Jails?
Either Warden doesn't work or I don't understand how port jails work, but I was trying to do the same thing.

After watching this video, I thought port jails were supposed to isolate processes inside of the jails, but, as root inside of the jail, I was able to delete all of the files and folders of another user on the host system. I also had read/write access just like regular root.