Old 11-03-2013, 07:27 AM

Exclamation Can not update after fresh install 9.2 Release
So I recently installed PCBSD 9.2 (Release) and I don't seem to be able to update using the Update Manager or terminal after a fresh install. This is my first time running a BSD system, so bear with me here. Here is some bacground:

I recently installed 9.2 without any errors at all, opted for the full KDE version. After installing, I used Appcafe and installed only Chromium and VLC. It showed that I needed updates and I selected every update and hit Install updates. First it said that it failed to download one of the updates, and it decided that the smartest move was to not install any of the ones downloaded or skip it...I then went to the handbook and looked up command to do it. so I used

Code:
sudo pc-updatemanager pkgcheck
then

Code:
sudo pc-updatemanager pkgupdate
It failed and sent the log to /tmp/pkg-output.log which gave me something along the lines of a gstreamer conflict. But honestly, I've just got done doing this 15-20 times switching between the GUI and the terminal so that is why I seem to be using general terms here. It just gave me random errors such as the checksum not matching, failure to download, conflict, any error in the book pretty much. I chose Yes, No, Cancel, and it didn't seem to work. I know it seems like I'm on the brink of giving up, but I'm willing to learn. If some one will confirm the terminal commands I'm doing is right/wrong I'll give it another shot and see what it gives me. If I need to provide some more information / context, please ask.

EDIT: Nevermind, saw the other thread. Please close/delete this thread.

Last edited by GreatCaesar; 11-03-2013 at 07:57 AM.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:58 PM

Hi there,

The fix is in various posts on the list - do a search for "pkg upgrade"

Cheers,

greadey