Hey all, just a quick update for you! The screenshots section has been
updated, so you can now see the 0.7.5 installation in action!
In other news, 0.7.5 is finished, and I'm just putting the finishing touches on it before making it available! Here's the official changelog of what I've done since 0.7.
PCBSD 0.7.5 Beta - Changelog
6-24-05 (Kris Moore)
* Released PC-BSD code under BSD License!
* Added custom-partitioning to PC-BSD Installer.
* Added new Text Menu before Installation.
* Added multiple-language support.
* Fixed issues with sound system device busy issues.
* Fixed issues with dial-up support.
* Fixed issue with removing packages - manager now waits for scripts to finish.
* Fixed KDE menu layout, now when choosing program to open with, it lists properly.
* Added many other lanaguage packs to KDE.
* Fixed screen-saver issues.
* Added "Emergency-Shell" option to installation text menu.
* Added option to reset XF86Config file to "vesa" driver during installation.
* Added following languages: de, fr, es, es_LA, pt, pt_BR.
* changed default splash screen.
* cleaned up install CD for a smaller image.
* Changed look-n-feel of install program.
* Updated Window decorations for KDE.
* Updated default Icon set for KDE.
The ISO should be available shortly here. No upgrade file on this one, have to install over the old system. However, that is one of the next things on the list, is a working "update" manager.
(Also, a sneak peak, a new version of the package creator is just about finished. This one lets you make .pbi's that are true executables, like .exe's on windows. No more shell scripts, or having to gzip files to put on the web. And of course it supports multiple languages as well