Old 09-22-2013, 06:29 PM

Default Ninja-IDE
Has anybody worked on porting Ninja-IDE as a PBI? If not, I may try, as a first run when I return home. I've never tried something like this, so not sure; but, I'll read the manual and see if I can't figure it out.

In the mean time, if somebody has created a PBI or is about to, I would add my voice in support of it .
Old 09-22-2013, 08:31 PM

I'll try to make a PBI for devel/ninja-ide
Old 09-23-2013, 08:25 PM

sakmerlin37,

I built a PBI earlier today. It's not too bad - it took awhile, but the results are pretty nice. I submitted the packaged module to the pbi-dev list -- keep an eye on it & Beanpole will (hopefully) add it to the build server in the near future.

Cheers.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by bds View Post
sakmerlin37,

I built a PBI earlier today. It's not too bad - it took awhile, but the results are pretty nice. I submitted the packaged module to the pbi-dev list -- keep an eye on it & Beanpole will (hopefully) add it to the build server in the near future.

Cheers.
As you can see I tried to build it too, but I get an error when building the pbi. I made a diff between our pbi.conf and only the icon name changes. That would be interesting to understand why I can't it to work ^^

Are you using 9.1 or 9.2 ?
Old 09-23-2013, 08:48 PM

Thanks for sending it in BDS, I just added it to the build server.

I would be interested to find out what the differences are between your build environment and Zplay's build environment, since there must be something different to have one fail and the other work. I am currently trying to build BDS's module on my system as well, so it might give us another data point to determine where the error(s) lie.

FYI: We are actually going to try and depreciate the actual PBI "build" process for PBI's with 10.0 - we are going to try and updated the PBI system so that it can use pkgng packages (from the main repo) as the basis for putting together the PBI's instead of relying on individual compilation environments. This should make creating a full PBI take only a matter of minutes, with none of the variability that relying on the current ports infrastructure causes. It will still be a bit before it is nailed down though, we only have a couple working prototypes at the moment and there are a few new issues that we still working on correcting.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Beanpole View Post
Thanks for sending it in BDS, I just added it to the build server.

I would be interested to find out what the differences are between your build environment and Zplay's build environment, since there must be something different to have one fail and the other work. I am currently trying to build BDS's module on my system as well, so it might give us another data point to determine where the error(s) lie.

FYI: We are actually going to try and depreciate the actual PBI "build" process for PBI's with 10.0 - we are going to try and updated the PBI system so that it can use pkgng packages (from the main repo) as the basis for putting together the PBI's instead of relying on individual compilation environments. This should make creating a full PBI take only a matter of minutes, with none of the variability that relying on the current ports infrastructure causes. It will still be a bit before it is nailed down though, we only have a couple working prototypes at the moment and there are a few new issues that we still working on correcting.

I'm building bds module too to see if it works.

Isn't actually partially the case by using package caching when building PBI ? Building my ninja-ide PBI with this caching enabled fail on a package related to GPG (i didn't save the log)
Old 09-23-2013, 09:33 PM

Ok, we continue here rather than on the mailing list

I can't build bds PBI ! I still have the same error.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:37 PM

I have actually run into a couple build errors as well, but they are on the libgcrypt port instead of the kdehier4 port. I just flushed my package cache and am trying the build again to see if I have an old package that is messing things up.

If that still doesn't work, I might need to delve into the build environment(s) themselves to see if they are kept up-to-date when new ones come out (if there are new ones within the same series).
Old 09-23-2013, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Beanpole View Post
I have actually run into a couple build errors as well, but they are on the libgcrypt port instead of the kdehier4 port. I just flushed my package cache and am trying the build again to see if I have an old package that is messing things up.

If that still doesn't work, I might need to delve into the build environment(s) themselves to see if they are kept up-to-date when new ones come out (if there are new ones within the same series).
I have the problem with libgcrypt too when enabling cache.

Do you use 9.1 or 9.2 ?
Old 09-23-2013, 09:46 PM

9.1-release-p20 (check "uname -a" output)