Old 09-15-2013, 07:25 PM

Default Kile : Displays tool don't work
In the Kile PBI (a LaTeX editor), when I use "View DVI" or "View PDF", before starting Okular I get an error :
Quote:
Unable to find the Okular component.
Then Okular opens but it's only a grey window, no menu, nothing, only the window decoration on the top of a grey box.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:42 PM

Yup, I can confirm this. I'm pretty sure I reported this a few weeks ago, but got no replies ... I did some research and similar reports were there for other operating systems but people had successfully fixed it - when I tried the recommended fix I had no success. I was unable to get ANY pdf view to act as an internal viewer.

Okular works fine externally though, and when you rebuild the pdf it auto-updates in its window.

(there are also pc-bsd specific problems with Gwenview kipi plugins as well, but I was going to wait till my system was upgraded to 9.2 to see how it all was going)

Rgds
Old 09-15-2013, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by GeoffShep View Post
Yup, I can confirm this. I'm pretty sure I reported this a few weeks ago, but got no replies ... I did some research and similar reports were there for other operating systems but people had successfully fixed it - when I tried the recommended fix I had no success. I was unable to get ANY pdf view to act as an internal viewer.

Okular works fine externally though, and when you rebuild the pdf it auto-updates in its window.

(there are also pc-bsd specific problems with Gwenview kipi plugins as well, but I was going to wait till my system was upgraded to 9.2 to see how it all was going)

Rgds
I managed to find an ugly fix. In Kile, go in Configuration -> Configure kile -> Compilation -> ViewPDF :

Set options to
Code:
'%dir_target/%target'
And in "expert" tab, choose the 2nd choice in the select list : "Run from a terminal" and Check "Close the terminal upon quit" at the bottom.

My kile isn't in english, names could change.

Now, you can watch PDF with the button and quickbuild, but it opens Konsole to watch the output.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:10 AM

Thanks for that, though I think that I may as well continue just using Okular as a separate window ... the output auto-updates with a new compilation anyway .. It would be good to see how to get Kile to do the internal view though ...

Rgds