Old 09-05-2013, 01:21 PM

Default [SOLVED] Give up installing PC-BSD 9.2 release
I've downloaded the lastest iso of PC-BSD 9.2 release from pcbsd.org. I tried to burn the iso to dvd several times but it all failed, while other iso such as FreeBSD's ones burned with no problem. The application I used was Imgburn 2.5.8.0. Then I downloaded the usb img file instead and successfull wrote it to my 4GB Transcend usb. The live usb booted but after loading something ... I don't remember, perhaps is memfs the monitor goes black and nothing happened. The installer seem to be doing something but I couldn't continue. Finally, I have to cool restart with reset button. I tried three times but no hope. And the hashes sum of the two downloaded image file are indentical. I gave up

(sorry about my English)

Last edited by giahung; 09-07-2013 at 10:49 AM. Reason: solved
Old 09-07-2013, 10:48 AM

No one help me? I solved the problem, just wait, about 7 minutes, the installation will continue. But I think, Linux installer is the best, better PC-BSD, more better. At least I never have to wait for it a long time like that
Old 09-07-2013, 11:39 AM

Hi

When did the installer seems to block ?
Did you install it to a hdd/ssd or a usb memory ? Was the hdd led blinking or not on your laptop ?

I've been installing a few times the latest snapshot of PC-BSD, and I think I remember that it seems to be a bit too long at the end, without message. But I'm always patient and if nothing displays an error, maybe we just have to wait
The Following User Says Thank You to Zplay For This Useful Post:
giahung (09-07-2013)
Old 09-12-2013, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Zplay View Post
Hi

When did the installer seems to block ?
Did you install it to a hdd/ssd or a usb memory ? Was the hdd led blinking or not on your laptop ?

I've been installing a few times the latest snapshot of PC-BSD, and I think I remember that it seems to be a bit too long at the end, without message. But I'm always patient and if nothing displays an error, maybe we just have to wait
Yea I got kinda concerned too when loading the install, it felt like it just kept going and going with walls of info, my fan was screaming and so was my DVD drive. And then nothing... Worried I went outside to smoke a cigarette, and right when I closed the sliding glass door I saw the graphical install appear (thank goodness.) But yea there is a bit of a tense moment wondering if it will work.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Burialhound View Post
Yea I got kinda concerned too when loading the install, it felt like it just kept going and going with walls of info, my fan was screaming and so was my DVD drive. And then nothing... Worried I went outside to smoke a cigarette, and right when I closed the sliding glass door I saw the graphical install appear (thank goodness.) But yea there is a bit of a tense moment wondering if it will work.
hehe... in one instance, the laptop i used for a clean install went for thermal shutdown ! this thread should explain the issue
Old 09-13-2013, 12:20 PM

Unhappy problem also with the new 9.0 stable iso
The new iso of the 9.0 stable version of pcbsd does not work , if you try to installig it will cut off from the get go, please help