Old 12-31-2012, 12:18 AM

Default Where is VirtualBox-4.0.12 ???
Things must be going well for some users ... I did my very best but I am tried of guesting why absolutely no PBI web browsers works for me in 9.0 or 9.1. I lost my 8.2 partition in the process of working with 9.1. Now I want to re-build my PcBSD 8.2 partition, the version where *EVERY* PBI just worked. But now, out of all of those PBI's only the great VirtualBox-4.0.12, is missing {pcbsd very first masterpiece}. Where is Virtualbox for PcBSD 8.2? If nobody knows, please upload your personal copy here?

virtualbox-4.0.12-amd64.pbi,

After all these weeks I have ULTIMATE set ups of both 9.0 and 9.1 on compressed partitions that I plan to protect until those PBI's are fixed to work for GNOME or whatever those unshared issues are.. For now I can live without the new uTube/Abobe Flash bugs where you need a new OS upgrade per-week. So 8.2 has always been more than good enough all along, where EVERYTHING works for every thing else. 9.1 is now my favorite but i rather wait for the fix or even 9.2.

virtualbox-4.0.12-amd64.pbi,

Thank in advance

ERROR for ALL links
Quote:
The URL that you requested, /PBI/emulators/virtualbox-ose/8/x64/virtualbox-4.0.12-amd64.pbi, could not be found.
Perhaps you either mistyped the URL or we have a broken link.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by sharris View Post
Things must be going well for some users ... I did my very best but I am tried of guesting why absolutely no PBI web browsers works for me in 9.0 or 9.1.
Firefox works fine for me in 9.1-RC3.

Rekonq PBI didn't work - I had to install it with the system installer as part of KDE. (apparently some kind of internal integration issue with KDE.) Since I did that it works fine.

Opera PBI seems not to work for me - won't launch.

EDIT: Oops - simple fix for Opera on KDE is here.

Arora works fine for me.

Last edited by david_a; 12-31-2012 at 02:18 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:48 AM

Thanks david_a but it didn't work for me ...but what are the chances of thousands of user and authors not to have a copy of the file that I requested so I can rebuild my 8.2 environment???
Old 12-31-2012, 12:52 PM

This is a little newer version (4.1.22_1) but it should still work for you, no? Unlike the one in App Cafe this one is 64 bit:

ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/pbioutgoing/...irtualbox-ose/
Old 12-31-2012, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by sharris View Post
Thanks david_a but it didn't work for me
... Why not?
The Following User Says Thank You to david_a For This Useful Post:
sharris (01-01-2013)
Old 01-01-2013, 03:59 AM

ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/archived/PBI...0.14-amd64.pbi seems to exist -- would that be sufficient for your rebuilt 8.2 machine?
The Following User Says Thank You to gja For This Useful Post:
sharris (01-01-2013)
Old 01-01-2013, 09:33 AM

Quote:
apparently some kind of internal integration issue with KDE.

David, I use gnome-2x. I install only gnome-2x as root which can be an problem also for some. That's all I ever post about, but PcBSD greatest feature is KDE which has the majority of users and is well supported. Most people know only EXPLORER so they know nothing of multi-windows navigation. In short, they are spoil!

This automatically make things harder for me because of my choice of OS which is darn-near dead because Gnome 3.0. Right now I'm to burn out from trying to figure out way 9.1 PBI's web-browsers don't work for me (or is it gnome-2x). I been at it for weeks and lost (dumped) my 8.2 image in the process. Thanks to gja, I now have an chance to go back in time with 8.2 to recapture my lost desktop and I'll be back with an answer with in the next few weeks if I'm lucky. Your reply will help me find many solution. One thing for sure there is a Santa!

see link above