Old 12-29-2012, 01:58 PM

Default open-vm-tools
Hello... I am trying to run on VMware Workstation (version 9.0.1 build-894247), and I installed PCBSD with the open-vm-tools option. I cannot get a full-screen window (without scroll-bars) with appropriate resolution, and cannot get cut and paste or drag and drop to work.

I see from using pkg_info that neither compat6x nor xf86-input-vmmouse is installed, although xf86-video-vmware is. I know that compat6x is necessary for using vmware-tools, but do you need it if using open-vm-tools? And what about xf86-input-vmmouse... isn't it required for drag and drop and cut and paste?

If either of the above is true, is it better to add it to the installation script, and if so, how do you do it? If they have to be added via pkg_add or ports, what is the best way to regenerate the xorg.conf file?

Or is there something else I need to do? Thank you.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:57 PM

I have the same issue and questions. I decided to try PCBSD 9.1 in VMware 9.0.1. It seems to have faster disk IO than VirtualBox does and that is a plus, but with the problems noted above I find it rather unusable.

I noticed another unanswered, recent, thread that mentioned vmmouse is missing. Is support for PCBSD on VMware a low priority?

Last edited by larryvc; 02-24-2013 at 07:24 AM. Reason: spelling