Old 08-30-2012, 02:48 PM

Default rekonq browser
I installed the rekonq PBI(0.8.0) from appcafe and it does not work. I check the built server and found rekonq 0.8.1_1. I manually downloaded it and installed it and it worked. rekonq 0.8.1_1 was last build in 03/25/2012 but was never pushed out to appcafe.

I checked the freebsd ports and found www/rekonq-1.1.

Can you please upgrade rekonq to www/rekonq-1.1?

Thanks
Bill
Old 08-31-2012, 05:06 PM

Thanks for pointing this out!
I just triggered a priority rebuild for the Rekonq PBI, so hopefully we will have an updated version for you here soon.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:29 PM

I noticed that rekonq 1.0 was rebuilded. I downloaded it manual and installed it.

I am having trouble using the search engine. It does not accept my searches. I went into configure rekonq and then went into the "Search Engines" tab to see if I had to configure the search engine. I got:

The module could not be found.
The diagnosis is:
The desktop file could not be found.

I compared the sha256 value of my download with the value given on the built server and they agree so my downloaded PBI is not corrupted.

Also I noticed that freebsd ports has rekonq 1.1. According to the rekonq site the 1.1 is just bug fixes over 1.0. Why was rekong browser not build with 1.1?

Thanks
Bill
Old 09-03-2012, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by rhcwef60 View Post
I noticed that rekonq 1.0 was rebuilded. I downloaded it manual and installed it.

I am having trouble using the search engine. It does not accept my searches. I went into configure rekonq and then went into the "Search Engines" tab to see if I had to configure the search engine. I got:

The module could not be found.
The diagnosis is:
The desktop file could not be found.

I compared the sha256 value of my download with the value given on the built server and they agree so my downloaded PBI is not corrupted.

Also I noticed that freebsd ports has rekonq 1.1. According to the rekonq site the 1.1 is just bug fixes over 1.0. Why was rekong browser not build with 1.1?

Thanks
Bill
I noticed that as well. Additionally, it messed up keyboard input somehow. I couldn't use any shortcuts within Rekonq after awhile, nor could I input anything in the address field, etc. Furthermore, I could no longer interact with stumpwm. The only way I was able to restore control was to CTRL+ALT F1 to the term1, and execute $ killall rekonq.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:18 PM

Were either of you using the KDE desktop environment at the time?
I am seeing the same errors here in a minimal PC-BSD system, as well as missing icons and such, so I am thinking that rekonq might be too ingrained into using KDE to work properly with other desktop environments. If so, we might need to add rekonq as a sub-package for the KDE system package set, since it will only work properly within that environment.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:20 PM

Ken,

I was trying to use rekonq under PC-BSD 9.0 KDE 4.7.3.

Bill
Old 09-04-2012, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Beanpole View Post
Were either of you using the KDE desktop environment at the time?
I am seeing the same errors here in a minimal PC-BSD system, as well as missing icons and such, so I am thinking that rekonq might be too ingrained into using KDE to work properly with other desktop environments. If so, we might need to add rekonq as a sub-package for the KDE system package set, since it will only work properly within that environment.
Nope, I wasn't using KDE at the time, I was using stumpwm.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:21 PM

Downloaded and installed Rekonq 1.1. The same problem occurs.

Also I forgot to mention that under KDE the system setting is giving me "System Settings was unable to find any views, and hence has nothing to display" after opening rekonq. Uninstalling rekonq fix the problem.

rekonq bug 303872 mentions my problem not in the title but in the discussion.

Looks like rekonq could be build under one kde release and use under another. my .xsession-errors file shows:

rekonq(4457)/kdecore (KSycoca) KSycocaPrivate::checkVersion: Found version 204 , expecting version 205 or higher.

You could hold off working on this until after PCBSD 9.1 is out as I can use firefox.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 09-09-2012, 12:04 AM

I installed PCBSD 9.1 RC1 kde in VirtualBox. I downloaded ReKonq 1.1 and now I can do searches. But I cannot change the default search engine. Rekonq bug 303872 seems to be the problem.

I went into Configure rekonq and selected the search engine tab and got:

Could not find plugin 'Web Shortcuts' for application 'rekonq'Library "kcm_kurifilt" not found

Posible reasons:
An error occurred during you last KDE upgrade leaving an orphaned control module

You have an old third party modules lying around.

Check these points carefully and try to remove the module mentioned in the error message. If this fails, consider contacting your distributor or packager.

I do not recommend using rekonq 1.1 under PCBSD 9.0 kde because the About rekonq dialog says:
rekonq
Version 1.1
Using KDE Development Platform 4.8.4 (4.8.4)

Only PCBSD 9.1 is at the correct level of kde.

Thanks
Bill
Old 09-10-2012, 12:38 PM

If the Rekonq browser is as tied to a particular version of KDE as you have pointed out, then it definitely needs to be added as a system sub-package to the KDE desktop environment. Doing this will ensure that both KDE and Rekonq are at compatible versions.
I will try to get that system package created here soon, and it will probably be included in PC-BSD 9.1-RC2.

Last edited by Beanpole; 09-10-2012 at 01:58 PM. Reason: spelling/grammer
The Following User Says Thank You to Beanpole For This Useful Post:
sg1efc (09-27-2012)