Old 03-23-2012, 08:32 PM

Default Trash does not show as empty when cleaned manually PC-BSD 9.0
A situation exists where the trash bin is set to have a limit, you try to delete a file and are told you've reached that limit, and delete the contents individually from the menu instead of right-clicking on the Trash button and using the option to "empty trash".

Attempting to delete the same flie will show the trash bin to still be fulll and you will be unable to delete the file or use the "empty trash" function to clear the bin as it's already empty.

To fix it you need to increase the size of the bin, delete something, right-click on the Trash button and choose "empty trash" to clear the bin.

Another situation exists if you try to run gkrellm with a glass or invisible skin, where it shows the Isotope login menu wallpaper as being the desktop background behind it no matter what your wallpaper is.

Last edited by Weixiong; 03-24-2012 at 04:57 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Which window manager(s) does this occur in?
Old 04-02-2012, 07:12 PM

In the default PC-BSD 9.0 KDE desktop.

I had been downloading a lot of .iso files and deleting them when I got a message that the trash bin was full. Instead of using the Empty Trash option, I had just started using this version, I deleted them all from the trash list manually one by one till it was empty. When I tried to delete the original iso file I got the message again and couldn't delete the file or use the Empty Trash option, as it was already empty.

I had to find the setting for limiting bin size, increase it, delete a text file, and use the Empty Trash function to set things right and enable me to delete the iso file.

There is also an issue when using a glass or the invisible skin on Gkrellm where it shows the default Isotope wallpaper behind it no matter what your wallpaper has been changed to. A memory bug of some kind I suppose. I can get a screenshot if you'd like.

Edit:This only occurs on KDE. When using Fluxbox it shows the current wallpaper behind Gkrellm.

Last edited by Weixiong; 04-02-2012 at 08:37 PM.