Old 02-23-2012, 03:46 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Alvin Send a message via Skype™ to Alvin
Unhappy virt-manager doesn't connect using qemu+ssh
(I hope this is the right Forum location?)

I'm trying to use virt-manager. It is version 0.9.0 installed with AppCafe. It's not possible to connect using qemu+ssh. The error message is:

Code:
Unable to open a connection to the libvirt management daemon.

Libvirt URI is: qemu+ssh://alvin@stilgar/system

Verify that:
 - The 'libvirtd' daemon has been started

End of file while reading data: : Input/output error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/pbi/virt-manager-amd64/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 1146, in _open_thread
    self.vmm = self._try_open()
  File "/usr/pbi/virt-manager-amd64/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 1130, in _try_open
    flags)
  File "/usr/pbi/virt-manager-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 102, in openAuth
    if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virConnectOpenAuth() failed')
libvirtError: End of file while reading data: : Input/output error
Usually, such an error is present when ssh-askpass is not installed (it is) or when it is not installed and you haven't set up public key authentication (I have).

I tried with different servers, different accounts and different clients. Only Linux clients will let virt-manager connect to the servers. Is there anyone who has any succes with this? Is there something missing from the PBI?

I also tried version 0.9.1 from the portjail, but that gave a big error on start. I can look it up if anyone is interested. That version contains bugfixes. Is it possible to request an upgrade in PBI-requests?

Tags
virt-manager