Old 02-21-2012, 04:13 AM

Default VirtualBox for PcBSD-9.0 ?
Hello PcBSD coders. PcBSD-9.0-amd64 has been running very well on all of my machines but last week I just tried to install the download of PBI VirtualBox but don't install for PcBSD 9.0 . The PBI web-site only have the PBI download for PcBSD 8.2 which works like a charm for PcBSD-8.2, but will not install on PcBSD 9.0 .. at lease not for me.

Is there a way to force PcBSD-8.2 PBI VirtualBox work for PcBSD 9.0 or is there a PBI made to works or (in the working) for PcBSD-9.0 that can be downloaded?

Thanks in advance
Old 02-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Administrator

As stated at the top of pbidir.com, those are for 8.x only. 9.0 PBIs are
available in the "AppCafe" utility on your desktop.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:33 PM

I get Warning!
Quote:
Missing meta-files for RepoID:001. This is normally due to the internet connection being offline or mis-configured.
Nether of my PcBSD machines are on-line and will not be until I have my entire disk work completed. I have 22 partitions to run virtualBox from other operating systems location. Even Windows-7 have not seen the internet yet until I'm finish. This way if something get jack-up I'll know the cause and can recover quickly with-out being paranoid of where the problem came from. From there, it's internet time! It took me weeks to set up my PcBSD-9.0 desktop, like perfect of them all to run the whole shoe (it's a dream coming true). Now I'm working on Primary-3 that has Vista and GOD knows I don't want to have to go back and re-install PcBSD.

Is appcafe on-line or on the CD? Can I download the vBOX PBI for PcBSD-9.0 as a regular file from my web-machine running XP? It has no PcBSD or anything else important on it.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:37 PM

The AppCafe connects to your local/desired PBI repository (I.E. online) and downloads/installs the PBI's from there. If you absolutely need to obtain the .pbi file from an alternate computer, you could download them from:
http://pbibuild.pcbsd.org (32-bit PBI's)
http://pbibuild64.pcbsd.org (64-bit PBI's)

The PBI's on these sites are the ones that are still in the testing phase, but I believe that the current virtualbox PBI's on the site have already been tested and approved.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:35 PM
Administrator

You can also download the official releases from a mirror server like this:

http://mirrors.isc.org/pub/pcbsd/PBI...tualbox-ose/9/
Old 02-23-2012, 05:13 AM

It's amazing that PcBSD-64 bit itself got it to work for even my 2009 AMD processors. It was like just yesterday. We went near nuts. It was not until PcBSD 8.1-beta1 that did it (at lease for me). Just in the nick of time when now Oracle, VirtualBox technology made it simple for "any" 64bit system. Type VMware for hardware may be faster and next, but nothing is greater than to find a machine in the deepest back-alleys of China, or grandma basement that will simply run your virtual machines, through PcBSD. I'm loving it.

Great work!

Thank you