Old 12-22-2011, 10:49 AM

Default minecraft
Minecraft. Ports location is games/minecraft-client and games/minecraft-server

Minecraft is a sandbox construction game, inspired by Infiniminer, Dwarf Fortress and Dungeon Keeper.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:45 PM

Default minecraft
I have created a module for minecraft, including both the client and the server. In testing, the server works fine, but the client is still having an issue with java linking. Once I get this working, I will release the PBI into the AppCafe.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:22 AM

Does the module use the minecraft-ports? Strange thing, that it runs on my pure FreeBSD box without issues.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:57 PM

Default minecraft
Yes, I am setting up the PBI to pull down the minecraft-client and the minecraft-server ports, then package them as a PBI.
Quick question about your port install... The first time you started up the client and logged in, did it have to download/extract the lwjgl libraries into your ~/.minecraft folder? The error that I am getting with the PBI is the famous "black screen" error with the following notification:

Exception in thread "Minecraft main thread" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't load library: /home/kenmoore/.minecraft/bin/natives/liblwjgl.so

I thought that liblwjgl.so had to be recompiled on FreeBSD (i.e. when building the port), but I am not seeing any indication of it here.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:55 PM

Nope, that's quiet normal. Minecraft donwnloads and updates the gamesfiles (all inside ~/.minecraft) by itsef. So it will always download those libs and put them into the ~/.minecraft folder.

To recompile is necessary for running minecraft with the freebsd-native java. I could not get it to run this way till now, so the port uses the Linux-Sun-Java atm. That's why it is important that the JAVA_HOME is set before MC is startet (the startscript made by the port should do it). Also linux-compat, the linux-libs and the linux-sun-lava have to be installed before.
The port should do the work. If you find the problem, please be so kind and give me a hint. I'll have some tests when I am at home again (in a few days).
Old 12-23-2011, 07:16 PM

Some people may not want to have a system defaul JAVA_HOME as the linux-java. How can we fix that?
Old 12-24-2011, 03:15 PM

The startup-script of MC sets the JAVA_HOME-variable just for the MC-session. So the default environment is still untouched.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:55 PM

Has anyone of you tested the port on a pure FreeBSD-Installation? I think it is PC-BSD specific or has troubles with the graphics-drivers. Its seems to end up when it tries to start the 3D stuff.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:04 PM

I haven't found a good reason why it is not running on PCBSD. So we've written to Mojang (the developers of Minecraft) and asked for a native FreeBSD implementation.

I don't know if it will bring a change. But all who would like to have a native minecraft implementation should give Mojang a message. They should know there is more than just one person interested.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Rakor View Post
I don't know if it will bring a change. But all who would like to have a native minecraft implementation should give Mojang a message. They should know there is more than just one person interested.
I have been writing for 2 years. No one cares. Especially after they went money-greedy.