Old 11-15-2011, 08:52 PM

Default Flash in browsers
Hi
I installed PCBSD 9.0 RC1 and created a user and installed the following browsers:
Opera , Chromium and the flash player , they were working OK, after that I created a new user,
created the icons to the applications already installed with Appcafe, and the problem is flash is not working and the browsers don't have sound for the new users
What do I need to do for flash and the sound to work for the new users?

thanks

Walther

Walther@rodconit.com
Old 11-24-2011, 11:40 AM

I am not sure about the sound at the moment, but to enable the flash support if it is not working; run the following command via the command line: "flashpluginctl on"
Old 11-26-2011, 06:16 PM

I noticed that flash is very choppy and glitchy on my computer. Don't get me wrong, I've always experienced some degree of lag on Flash videos, however I've experienced such severe glitches and frame skips. Actually I've never experienced youtube videos both skipping and spinning at the same time, almost reminiscent of old projectors in movie theaters.

I booted into display manager and switched to 16 bit colors and that seemed to repair it. I guess Flash in PCBSD has trouble with 24 bit colors? Or is it my graphics card?

I've never had these flash issues in Linux or Windows.

Tags
flash, sound