Old 06-26-2011, 08:39 AM

Default hald causing VirtualBox mouse problems ...
May I as one final question to complete my setup of 8.2 that will hold me down for a while. I have Win-95 to Win-7 installed on slice [g] for VirtualBox 4.0.6 and everything works perfectly as long as I have hald_enabled="YES".

I don't like hald because it included all of my partitions inside PcBSD. If I want something to show I would mount it and want to keep my other partitions hidden from the systems for whatever reasons.

Problem is when I disable hald, Windows-7 can't find a mouse so I have to crash VirtualBox by rebooting at the terminal just to close it. Now I got to run fsck each time I do that when I try to try something new.

I once had two of them hook up. The PS2 standard plug type and a USB mouse and Windows-7 found both of them with hald disabled the first time but after a clean reboot it never could find either one of them again no matter how many times I tried to duplicate the first action that made it all happen. Is there an easy solution to this problem to help Windows find his mouse with-out hald.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:28 AM

I'm running PcBSD-8.2-AMD-64 and I use GNOME. All of these windows work for VirtualBox 4.0.6 no matter what I throw at it (rapid anything):

Windows 95
Windows 98
Windows XP sp2
Windows XP sp3
Windows Vista Business-32
Windows 7 [32]

But Windows-7 [64] will not work. WHY?

It crash when it's time to click [Capture] mouse. WHY?

When I set Enable absolute pointing device, Windows 7 [64] will boot to a black-screen and hang forever. WHY?

It may sometime let the mouse in at safe-mode than when I boot to real-mode it let the mouse in for three seconds to a minute and than crash. Why?

I forgot what version of VirtualBox that came around with with PcBSD 8.1-AMD-64 beta last year but I can tell you with confidence that baby worked like a charm for ALL these versions of Windows, including Windows-7 [64] ... So what happen???

Is it the PBI or is it VirtualBox 4.0.6? I have 15 amd-64.pbi installed on my AMD machine and they all work perfectly, but not VirtualBox 4.0.6 for Windows 7 [64]. WHY?

Btw: These are the results with hald_enabled="YES" and everything else intact straight out the PcBSD box. ... Also the 2 mouse hook-up I had stop working the third time around and that was strange.

Last edited by sharris; 06-27-2011 at 06:40 AM. Reason: why should i cry :(
Old 06-27-2011, 05:35 AM

I tired of guesting. I'm going on vacation to Daisy World. Maybe this could have something to do with it down the line.

http://freebsd.1045724.n5.nabble.com...td4098390.html

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/f...er/025021.html
Old 06-27-2011, 06:07 AM

Maybe it's GNOME... where can I find GNOME-2.28.2 PBI or the last year GNOME.