Old 04-20-2011, 02:22 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Bourbon
Unhappy Ghost printer
Hi All,

Some days ago I have been installing PC-BSD 8.2-x86 (KDE) and got problem with webcam (in a nutshell: works with Kopete, green screen with Skype and Pwcview; webcam & microphone not working with sites as Chatroulette and Livemocha), I wrote about it here: http://forums.pcbsd.org/showthread.php?t=14410
no answer till now, I guess nobody knowing the solution.
Anyway, hoping to be in the right section today I write about a very amusing new issue; setting up my HP Officejet 6500 using the HP utility, everything was looking fine (ink level etc.), the surprise comes out when I have been trying to print my first document: the process going on even showing windows about "start job" and "done" (something like that, I don't remember exactly the words), but nothing coming out from the printer !
(The printer works very well with other OS as Arch, Sabayon, Slackware, Ubuntu, Windows Vista).
Please, do you know how to fix that ?
Ciao
Old 04-20-2011, 09:18 PM

I prefer setting up my printers using the CUPS web interface even when I install a HP printer. Enter "localhost:631" into your webbrowser and try to set up your printer there.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:51 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Bourbon
Hi Joe75,

Thank you very much for your kind concern; I have been following your advice even filling the "ppd" field.
Nothing coming out from the printer, as before
I get windows talking about "job start" and "job done", that's all......

Ciao