Old 10-11-2010, 05:10 AM

Default Where is root desktop directory ?
I did an install with-out including a user, so there is no home directory under [/]. I am logged in as root and under root home [/root] there is no Desktop directory so I have no way of knowing where the icon's links that are visible on my desktop are stored. Could some one point me to where this directory or file is.

Thanks in advance
Old 10-11-2010, 01:26 PM

Do a
Code:
find . -name *.desktop -print | less
Old 10-12-2010, 06:56 AM

Fatmice, I had already before posting found a Desktop but it is in the .gconf directory that had a ibus folder and a %gconf.xml file inside and nothing that is common to standard home directory, that's why I ask. Desktop is never a sub-folder other than the user directory. It may be in number format in a file I seen so if a hacker try to get in he better be great at using an HEX-Editor. It don't matter because I'll be setting users in the end and then they will show up. I been through ever file in folder in root many, many time and found nothing close but that special files that looks like icons or something in number format.

Off topic but I'm going to tell you guys right now. Immediately after I installed Gnome visa PBI, KDE System Monitor drop from 30-45% every-day CPU usage down to 3, 4 and max out at 14%, just like what Gnome does in his System Monitor. Watch your monitor now and see if you get the same after installing Gnome. It cost nothing but space and I bet you will see improvements everywhere and I know I am not crazy yet.

PcBSD set-up is doing some great things that they don't even know exist. I tried to gut it and gave up because it seems they already knew that order does matter. I could not make anything fastest or better. This was only one out of several improvements out of KDE since Gnome presents. Just thought I let you know. If I did not know better, it's like human.

You can even use G-Edit and a lot more Gnome tools under KDE.

First make all your special setting perfect for you in KDE before installing Gnome and remember to watch your KDE System Monitor from the start.

Now, I seen it all.

PS: I use PcBSD-64 on and AMD-Quad-4 so things may be difference with i686, I don't know but would like to.

Last edited by sharris; 10-12-2010 at 07:13 AM.