Old 07-30-2009, 11:01 PM

Default sudo nvidia-settings?
Hey guys, I just installed pcbsd 7 I had that dvd lying around since christmas but never got it to work so I gave up but now I am back. Got tired of ubuntu crashing on me.

So anyways I need to setup my dual display, in ubuntu I just accessed nvidia-settings with sudo nvidia-settings here it doesnt allow me because I am not root then I logout to login as root and it doesn't allow me to login as root.

Also I don't think I got the current version of PCBSD because like I said this dvd I made during last christmas. Can I update my PCBSD here without having to reinstall all over? And my nvidia driver is not the latest where can I find nvidia drivers pbi? I search the site and its not there.

Thanks guys

EDIT: Found out how to login as root and tried to execute nvidia-settings and I got this error.

"root@pcbsd# nvidia-settings

ERROR: The control display is undefined; please run `nvidia-settings --help` for usage information."