Old 07-27-2009, 06:01 AM

Default Microsoft wireless mouse 3000 does not work during install
Hi all.

Whenever I try to install PC BSD I am unable to use my Microsoft wireless optical mouse 3000. Interestingly my Microsoft wireless keyboard 3000 works fine.

Both run through the same usb connection.
Both are recognised during the intial text boot sequence by PC BSD as I think (usmc) or something similar but once the installation gui comes up I am unable to move the mouse cursor.

I have tried replacing the wireless mouse with a stand alone usb mouse and it works fine.

Any solutions for this issue?
Cheers
Old 08-22-2009, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Microsoft wireless mouse 3000 does not work during install
Bump. Just installed today, coming from Kubuntu. Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse is not working. 1337 peanut gallery, move along. Looking for some help here, not smartass worthless suggestions to buy a new mouse. Please help.

Thanks.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:15 PM

Send a message via ICQ to TerryP Send a message via AIM to TerryP Send a message via Yahoo to TerryP
My suggestion: buy a mouse that works without any fuss
Old 08-31-2009, 06:38 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Apatewna Send a message via MSN to Apatewna Send a message via Yahoo to Apatewna
Originally Posted by mtod1
Hi all.

Whenever I try to install PC BSD I am unable to use my Microsoft wireless optical mouse 3000. Interestingly my Microsoft wireless keyboard 3000 works fine.

Both run through the same usb connection.
I dont have a solution for you, but I have seen some extremely weird stuff with wireless mouse/keyboard at startup (OS is irrelevant) so I dont trust them for anything except when operating in full graphics mode.

Most likely your wireless set is being redetected as wireless keyboard only.
If you perform the desktop installation and then plug your wireless set, does it work ok?

Please read and UNDERSTAND these pages before posting:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette