I find a solution how to make bootable usb stick under WinXP by using image http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/21/11/#USB
1. Start DRVLOAD.EXE. Download it from here: http://www.datafilehost.com/download-976761ec.html
2. Load dymmydisk.sys. It is in the archive in the link above.
3. Kill all present partition on the usb stick using disk manager (located in computer management). Now we can do this because after start DRVLOAD.EXE our usb stik is treated by WinXP like regular hdd.
4. Put dd and usb image we want to load on it in the same folder.
5. Start command prompt and navigate to that folder.
6. Type dd --list and precisely look where is your usb stick. It will NOT BE presented like removable media. This is the most critical moment. You may find which is your usb stick by its size.
7. Type dd if=1.img of=\\?\Device\Harddisk1\Partition0 bs=1M --progress. Here 1.img is my image from here - http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/21/11/#USB
, and \\?\Device\Harddisk1\Partition0 presented the path to my usb stick. If you made it wrong here you may DAMAGE valuable data on your hard drive.
This works for me. If you have any questions I'll glad to help.