Old 12-05-2008, 05:50 PM

Default Flash Player Help...Please
Hello to All,

I am sinking my teeth back into PCBSD again and I have decided to give it another shot. My last attempt at PCBSD was version 1.2, which had to many little gliches in it for me to try to fix and use productively. I am typing to you on the latest 1.5.1 Edison Edition version now. I am also loading 7.0.1 on another PC for its trial run. We will see.

Anyway I am enjoying using the Edison 1.5.1 Edition and I must say that the programmers have brought PCBSD along ways since my last bout with PCBSD. I would consider that a compliment since I have been using Ubuntu over everything (yes even Windows) since Ubuntu's 6.06 LTS version for the simple fact that IT JUST WORKS with no problems.

My question is this, I have become accustom to using SeaMonkey as my default browser over Firefox. I made this switch as they were bringing out Firefox 3. I felt that even Firefox 2 was getting slow, sluggish and bulky for my taste, hence the switch to SeaMonkey.

My only problem running SeaMonkey on PCBSD 1.5.1 is the Flash Player that I need to have on most of the sites I go and visit. I have gone to Adobe to download the latest version and Adobe tells me that my platform is not supported and then they offer no alternative solutions. The way I see it I need Flash Player, and I have not been able to find much of anything on doing searches. So this is basically my last stop for some helpful tips about this issue. Can anyone suggest something useful??

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Old 12-06-2008, 08:01 PM

Send a message via ICQ to TerryP Send a message via AIM to TerryP Send a message via Yahoo to TerryP
Default Re: Flash Player Help...Please
Fladsh7 works fine with linux-flock (ff2 based) and (bsd) firefox3 on FreeBSD 7; but I've yet to try Seamonkey.

When I used it cica PC-BSD 1.2-1.4, I never got flash working in Seamonkey.