Old 11-02-2008, 03:33 PM

Default Missing system tray icons
Hopefully there's a simple solution to this problem (though I couldn't find anything on the knowledge base). The icons for programs that I have open (like Amarok and Ktorrent) aren't appearing in my system tray. Normally I wouldn't be too bothered about that, but this means that I can't get access to the window for Ktorrent, meaning I can't manage anything I've downloaded.

I tried removing and adding the system tray widget, but the only icons that appear are the sound, update and wireless icons.

Any suggestions?
Old 11-16-2008, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Missing system tray icons
It's kde 3.5 or kde 4? If I remember in kde 3.5, using control center, you can go to menu editor or something like this and set a little flag, to specify that you mean put that application in the tray bar. I'm sorry if I'm a little unclear but I've a vague memory of this thing.
Second option, try to install "alltray" and then to show an application in the tray bar type
Code:
alltray application
Bye,
Daniele