Old 01-23-2012, 09:41 AM

Wink Installing PC-BSD 9 in ACER ASPIRE ONE 722
i have acer ao722 with amd c-60 processor and radeon hd 6250 in graphic. i just installing pcbsd with my entire hdd. when installation is done and reboot, the window give option to choose some driver for my graphic, i just choose 'radeonhd', and it's won't work. i skip the option, and i have a black screen.

so, anyone can help me?, or have same problem like me and found a solution, just answer below..

thank's before, sorry for my english...
Old 08-14-2012, 05:19 PM

Lightbulb Any luck?
I am also running an Aspire One 722. Havent tried running BSD yet, as I'm currently running Ubuntu 12.04 and havent quite figured out how to create a bootable flash drive/sd card
Old 08-14-2012, 08:39 PM

Unhappy Update
Made live flash on a PC. I've only run BSD in live mode, and so far have no issues with the display, however, I AM having a huge issue with wireless. I don't know if I'll have a display issue after install, but I certainly wont be going that far until I can figure out how to get BSD to recognize my wireless card
Old 08-14-2012, 10:25 PM

Send a message via ICQ to windscape Send a message via AIM to windscape Send a message via MSN to windscape Send a message via Yahoo to windscape
Originally Posted by blaisck View Post
i have acer ao722 with amd c-60 processor and radeon hd 6250 in graphic. i just installing pcbsd with my entire hdd. when installation is done and reboot, the window give option to choose some driver for my graphic, i just choose 'radeonhd', and it's won't work. i skip the option, and i have a black screen.

so, anyone can help me?, or have same problem like me and found a solution, just answer below..

thank's before, sorry for my english...
Hi,

I think that the radeonhd driver is actually older than the radeon driver. I suggest trying the radeon driver and if that fails, try vesa.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:52 PM

Default Wireless
Anyone have any luck setting up wireless on this machine?
Old 03-03-2013, 11:50 AM

Default PC-BSD Wireless (do not quote me)
I am currently enjoying for the first time EVER PC-BSD as well as FreeBSD with Wireless.

I have yet to get the facts straight, so I say "do not quote me" please.

During Install, make sure your version of PC-BSD is NEW, which means the Kernel is from a FreeBSD from November. Not December (Backwards! They obviously went to a more general FreeBSD Kernel since December).

If during REBOOT into the SECOND-HALF of the Install you see a portion come up to identify your WIRELESS, DO SO NOW!!!!

When you reboot again nothing will show, you will feel had!

Do not despair!

Do not kill yourself just yet!

Hope you used the KDE option, and find the thing I found somehow in the mess of KDE stuff that let me configure things to the TRAY, one being a WiFi iCon. I clicked it and suddenly this Icon jumped into my tray below. I clicked it and got to sign in, and its worked ever since!!!!

The point is, it does work!!!

Do NOT do as I have done and abort a 1,253 Install attempts which worked great but never could get WiFi! It is possible. Its just not in the manual anywhere.

May the Source be with you always! And never give up! It is absolutely worth it! Not as slick as Slackware CURRENT "yet", but soon to be 2000% better and then some! Not "better", just less legally restricted and usable; more "FREE" as in FreeBSD!

Llvm/Clang is all that keeps this from bettering Slackware. Add the ease of ZFS, and its bested it already! Support these two both! You will be happy and glad you did! Oh, and with a little 'svn' tweak, Clang/Llvm is not too hard to get on here (PC-BSD) already.

*My experience, though it seems all 64bit and ZFS Installs on lesser Systems, be content with UFS and if possible, try 32bit; life will be easier. When FreeBSD-X(10) rolls around, 64bit for EVERYBODY and probably ZFS on even tiny RAM. And beware Encryption. I suggest trying all KDE and 'minimal' first. Once you get it working, reinstall to more what you like. I find an "Install Everything Possible" works great if I boot into LXDE the first time, then login to 'root' via KDE to trim things up, then back to LXDE to see if it works. If all is good, then try KDE again. KDE is a massive DE and takes a lot to get there; if you see glitches, chances are LXDE will work fine; figure it out from there. Point is, it all works pretty darn good; good enough if you knew what all is entailed!!! Screw the minor glitches, be Blessed you are not using and being USEd by Ubuntu!