Old 02-13-2012, 09:11 AM

Default Num lock at startup fails
I checked the box to make num-lock on at KDE startup, but it doesn't work.

My BIOS is setup to turn it on too.

Seems to me I had to set this in loader.conf for 8.1 but I neglected to save that file when I upgraded to 9, yet I can't find any references to this on Google.

I did however find instructions on how to modify another config file in X11 somewhere.

Anyone know how to fix this?
Old 04-26-2012, 09:44 AM

Hi,

Don't know if you're still searching a solution for this, but I was in the same situation (numlock turned on in BIOS, but going off at the login screen and also off in any DE).

This is what have I done to solve it:

As the login manager is gdm, I put this in the file /usr/local/etc/gdm/Init/Default (right at the beginning, after "# Stolen from ... blah ... # -George):

if test -x /usr/local/bin/numlockx; then
exec /usr/local/bin/numlockx on
fi

So now, I've numlock on at the login screen and needed no further tweaking with Xfce, LXDE and KDE (KDE setting is "Keep as it is" or so, as I've got it in French).
Gnome still needed to tick a box in Gconf (did a serch on numlock in it to find the right place) et voila!

Hope this help.