Old 03-28-2012, 09:56 PM

When using the pbi version of rhythmbox, the plugin for shoutcast is not even listed in the plugin list. I suspect that the build isn't seeing libshout2 or the gstreamer shoutcast plugin at all during configure and compile. I'd take a look at the PBI build thing if I knew where or how to do such things. <hint hint wink wink nudge nudge>
Old 04-05-2012, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Beanpole View Post
Well, the PBI is including that shoutcast plugin/port, so maybe the plugin is just not automatically activated in the program?
Can you point me at the how to for this specific PBI? I want to take a look at what the dependencies are and what its pulling in. Then I can be more specific about what needs to be added/removed.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:54 PM

You can view the PBI modules at: http://trac.pcbsd.org/browser/pbi/modules
Rhythmbox is located in the audio/ category, and the main configuration file is pbi.conf (it is really easy to read, but there is additional documentation on it on the PC-BSD module builder wiki page: http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/PBI_..._Builder_Guide
Old 08-30-2012, 12:24 PM

I have just finished a bunch of additional checking into this issue, and it looks like the Rythmbox program itself is not setup to read shoutcast radio streams (whether the mplayer plugin is included or not). From doing a bit of google mining, it looks there are a few rhythmbox plugins that have been created specifically for adding this feature, but none of these plugins are available from FreeBSD ports at the current time.

Since the Rhythmbox port already has a build option to include specific plugins (such as the ITunes plugin), it might be a good idea to ask the port maintainer to add the option to build the shoutcast plugin as well.

Alternatively, you might be able to get the shoutcast plugin to work by adding it directly to the PBI's plugins folder (look at /usr/pbi/rhythmbox-[i386 or amd64]/lib/rhythmbox/plugins), although I have not tried that yet myself. Many of the plugins have compiled libraries in them (*.so), so if the shoutcast plugin also has a compiled library, it might need to be compiled on FreeBSD first.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beanpole For This Useful Post:
seanbruno (09-10-2012)
Old 09-10-2012, 08:05 PM

I think for now, I'm going to switch to the clementine port for my use. "It just works" and it gives me all the amarok 1.4 love that I crave.

the PBI "just works" with shoutcast for me. So, I doubt I'll ever bother with rhythmbox again.

To whomever put clemetine into a PBI: THANK YOU! YOU ARE AWESOME!