Old 04-06-2012, 08:26 PM

Default 30000 PC-BSD systems active?
If we are to believe http://www.bsdstats.org/ there are now over thirty tousand PC-BSD users! WOW!
Old 04-07-2012, 10:31 AM

I'm surprised that we don't get more participants here on the forum since about a third are from English speaking countries. I also find the large participation of Russia and Germany to be interesting. In any case I'm glad to see this because the more open source diversity we get out there, the better. My fondest hope is that some day school students will be able to name more than two operating systems.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:19 PM

It just became 29999

http://forums.pcbsd.org/showthread.php?t=16701
Old 04-10-2012, 06:25 AM

Amazing! The count is really impressive. I hope to see much more participants on the forum too, since the forums are also the first place where users can ask for help.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:38 PM

I would say down to 29998 but since I never connected, I was never counted anyway. As it is taking too much time to figure any solution, for now I have to bow out. My studies require more attention, and I am plain out of ideas to solve my inability to connect.

I will do my best to read posts and offer suggestions, provided I can assist. I have learned quite a bit on this OS, but is minuscule compared to the system's developer. All assistance that I have received has been greatly appreciated. It just appears that whatever the solution may be is in the hands of the developers.

When I complete this semester, I will have more time available to study this OS. I will then resume my fight. Without a connection this system is virtually useless to people as myself, that require the internet for daily use. The reduced inability of being able to install any programs, also hinders to seek software to aid in a solution.

As I thoroughly believe in this OS, I will find time when possible, just not for a few weeks. Take care has been a pleasure working with you Cobalt and Drulavigne. I am very grateful for your time and support and will say is "People like you that make this OS work". Bob

PS if Anyone is wondering the post I am referring to here is the link:
http://forums.pcbsd.org/showthread.php?t=16660