Old 03-15-2012, 09:13 PM

Default test my game!
hi,

I'm one of the lead hackers on a cross-platform free software fighting game - or what will hopefully soon become one, anyway.

the game is in the pre-alpha stages, so there's not much too see yet. but we want to ensure cross-platformness. with this in mind, I thought I'd ask here if anyone wanted to try out our game? to be fair it probably doesn't even qualify as a game yet, but still. help would be great.

it will also help if you can post your video card and driver, as well as your CPU speed/RAM size and how well the game performed. we are trying to keep things clean from the get-go.

you can get the game here: https://github.com/stiell/limbs-off
and build it with: autoreconf -i && ./configure && make && sudo make install

we use autotools for building, so you will need that. other requirements are fontconfig, libsdl, sdl-ttf, libpng, opengl. typcial game stuff.

please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions whatsoever. also, sorry if this is in the wrong forum category.

P.S.
if you are a programmer, we need those as well. ;-)
Old 03-16-2012, 10:23 PM

built the game in 9. the only thing you seemingly need to install is sdl_ttf and autotools (pkg_add -r sdl_ttf autotools). :-)

I'll try to create a pbi for the game next week.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:21 PM

any luck, futqut? :-)

there have been some updates for the game, including a "new game" functionality that I hope isn't leaking or lagging too badly.

honestly, we need programmers even more than we need testers, so anyone who wants to check it out - please do!

small things such as writing the pbi I was supposed to try to write (no time, unfortunately) go a *long* way.