Old 08-19-2011, 09:32 AM

Default About the Knowledge Base ...
I notice many entries are from 2005 and 2006.

Whats the best way I can report an outdated entry so it can be updated?

For instance the entry on Gnome: http://faqs.pcbsd.org/index.php?acti...ighlight=gnome

I notice Gnome was listed as a PBI for Hubble and wanted to know how much Hubble supports it (and XFCE), are they safe to install etc.

The entry says, " PC-BSD is focusing on the KDE desktop, and has currently no plan to offer variants of its system with Gnome, XFCE or Enlightenment, due to development priorities and for the sake of consistency."

We know this is not true since Isotope is made to work with various DE's

Also the entry for AMD64 bit support: http://faqs.pcbsd.org/index.php?acti...=88&artlang=en

says. " I have an AMD64 is it supported?
Yes but only in 32-bit mode."

This was written in 2005. I have such a system and would like to know if true 64 bit on AMD is supported. (I assume it has been after all these years)

But what should I do when I find such entries?

Just trying to help.. thanks.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Default About the Knowledge Base ...
Yup, the FAQ/Knowledgebase is definitely crusty. The intent when we started revamping documentation last year was to migrate all of the still applicable information from the FAQ/Knowledgebase into the Handbook and this is still a work in progress.

For now, to avoid further confusion, I've removed the link from the website.

If you would like to assist in the migration of data, create a wiki account at wiki.pcbsd.org and start adding stuff that is in the FAQ but not in the Handbook. You're also welcome to join us on #pcbsd on IRC Freenode if you would like to discuss what is applicable and belongs in the Handbook in more of a real time manner.

Cheers,

Dru