Old 05-20-2013, 05:39 PM

Default AppCafe Error
Hello,

When attempting to run the AppCafe? application, I receive the error:

Code:
"Missing meta-files for RepoID: 001. This is normally due to the internet connection being offline or mis-configured."

i try this but steel the same problem

Code:
http://trac.pcbsd.org/ticket/604
I use PC BSD 9.1 (fresh installation) & KDE

Any idea ?
Old 05-20-2013, 05:46 PM

The PC-BSD servers are undergoing a massive amount of data re-synchronizing with the mirrors right now, so this error is simply stating that the index/meta files simply could not be downloaded from the mirrors at the present time. Give it a bit more time, and it should be able to find a mirror that has those files.
The PBI background process usually checks for updated index/meta files every 24 hours if I remember right, but if you want to manually have the daemon refresh/check the mirrors, you can just run the following command (as root):
Code:
pbid --refresh
Old 05-21-2013, 05:05 PM

Hello again,

still have the same problem....
how can install new softwares like firefox?

Thank you
Old 05-22-2013, 10:51 PM

Default AppCafe Error
I am having the same issue using the PCBSD9.1-RELEASE-04-12-2013-x64-DVD.iso for installation. Default install except I used UFS instead of ZFS.

I did a fresh install with this disc 3 weeks ago and AppCafe worked perfectly. Today I perform another fresh PCBSD install, however this time AppCafe gives me the "Missing meta-files for RepoID: 001" error.

I ran
Code:
pbid --refresh
and got a reply that the index files will soon refresh, but it never happens. My /var/db/pbi/index directory is empty.

/var/log/pbid.log shows that pbid started, but no other activity.

Is there any repository I can add to the AppCafe repository list which will enable me to install PBIs? Would you recommend I just go directly to one of the mirrors, grab the PBIs I need and install them directly? Is there a way I can manually grab the index file from somewhere?

Thanks.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:34 PM

Yeah, the servers are still overloaded with resyncing all the data.
As zilly mentioned, you could just download the PBI's you need immediately from the mirrors directly. There are just no guarantees that the PBI you need is on a particular mirror yet if the index files are not available.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:24 PM

Got the same problem today, but after a little while it worked again.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:25 PM

My AppCafe fails to update my PBIs...
I have just download all PBI to update, but... I have not see any way to install a PBI file (a PBI downloaded using Firefox and not using the AppCafe) into my System (PC-BSD 9.1 64-bit XFCE desktop). Have you any idea about, please?

Last edited by monsee; 05-23-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:31 PM

If you have a *.pbi file on your system, you can either double-click on it to open up a graphical installer, or manually use the "pbi_add <local-pbi-file>" command to install it on your system.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beanpole For This Useful Post:
monsee (05-24-2013)
Old 05-24-2013, 12:06 AM

Thank you, Beanpole!
About the "double-click", I'm sorry, but the "double-click" don't work at all... Maybe I have not the "graphical installer" on my System? It is possible?... Which way to have a "graphical installer" on my System, please?
I attempt to use the "pbi_add" command, but it don't work... and tell me that the PBI was already installed in my System (it's true, but the installed PBI was the older version and my attempt was tu upgrade that version to the new version).
At last, I try to use the "pbi_add -f" command (to force installation)... and it WORKS!
The command is: "pbi_add -f <local-pbi-file>".
All works without need to be "root", except for the openjdk PBI, that need the command as "root".

All good, at last. But I have no idea to a way to install the "system-update" that appear in my tray but I am not able to install using the Update Manager...