Old 08-06-2009, 03:16 AM

Default How to change Update Manager mirror
Hi!

I am a very new PC-BSD user and have just installed ver. 7.1.1 on my "test" laptop. Everything seems to have worked fine.

The Update Manager is telling me that I have both system and PBI updates ready to install. What I would really like to do is have these installed from my ISP - Internode (Australia). Using this mirror is a free download for me and has no impact on my download quota. I use Internode as my Ubuntu mirror.

Internode has a directory http://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/pcbsd/PBI/ which I can see via my browser. What I cant find (after several hours searching this forum and Googling the Net) is how to change the Update Manager to point to this mirror.

I have found out how to use the Internode mirror to download specific applications from pbiDIR.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Regards,
Peter
Old 08-07-2009, 11:09 AM

Default Re: How to change Update Manager mirror
THIS IS A HOPELESS FORUM; I AM A MEMBER OF SEVERAL IT RELATED FORUMS AND THIS IS THE WORST FOR TRYING TO RESOLVE PROBLEMS. JUST HAVE A LOOK AT THE LARGE NUMBER OF UNANSWERED QUESTIONS. WELL DON'T BOTHER RESPONDING TO MY POST, I'VE UNINSTALLED PC-BSD AND RE-INSTALLED UBUNTU (NOW THEY HAVE A GOOD FORUM WEBSITE WITH LOTS OF FELLOW USERS WHO TAKE THE TIME TO HELP EACH OTHER. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Old 08-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: How to change Update Manager mirror
If you're expecting support answers within 24 hours, you need to get your wallet out :-)

Not everybody visits the fourm every day. Some of us have lives, most of us must sleep at some point. There's also time zone differences to be taken into account.

Also, if no-one answers, it's because no-one who's yet read the post knows the answer. Having 20 odd people replying "I don't know" wouldn't be useful.

I suspect we're better off without you though :-)
Old 05-08-2013, 02:36 PM

Default How to switch mirrors
First, choose a mirror from the list at http://trac.pcbsd.org/browser/pcbsd/.../pcbsd-mirrors.

Second, edit the file /usr/local/etc/pcbsd.conf, and enter the URL of the mirror after the text "PCBSD_MIRROR: ". For example, on my computer:

PCBSD_MIRROR: http://mirrors.secution.com/pc-bsd

Hope this helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to xenophonf For This Useful Post:
Darky (05-08-2013)
Old 05-08-2013, 10:44 PM

Thumbs up
Hahaha i just laughed my ass off, thanks for answering this post, just what i needed at the end of my workday. It was about time someone answered it after 3+ years, might help me speed up things here. And i think he might be ready to try something else than spybuntu. Just as i did a few months ago.

Last edited by Darky; 05-08-2013 at 10:50 PM.