Old 09-16-2012, 11:59 AM

Hi,
I having the similar issue. I think the packet "cairo" module is not installed. Below is the output from conky. I am using pbibuild64.pcbsd.org conky package. It version is 1.8.1_5

Conky: Xft not enabled at compile time
Conky: llua_load: /usr/home/chan/.conky/conky_red.lua:10: module 'cairo' not fou
nd:
no field package.preload['cairo']
no file './cairo.lua'
no file '/usr/pbi/conky-amd64/share/lua/5.1/cairo.lua'
no file '/usr/pbi/conky-amd64/share/lua/5.1/cairo/init.lua'
no file '/usr/pbi/conky-amd64/lib/lua/5.1/cairo.lua'
no file '/usr/pbi/conky-amd64/lib/lua/5.1/cairo/init.lua'
no file '/usr/pbi/conky-amd64/lib/conky/libcairo.so'
no file './cairo.so'
no file '/usr/pbi/conky-amd64/lib/lua/5.1/cairo.so'
no file '/usr/pbi/conky-amd64/lib/lua/5.1/loadall.so
Old 09-18-2012, 02:21 PM

I just read through the actual port for conky to see if there is anything funny going on with it, and I think I found a "hidden" flag (USE_XORG) that needs to be set for it to actually use the LUA_CAIRO and LUA_IMLIB2 build options. I just fixed the module to set that flag manually and triggered a rebuild, so we will see if that fixes this strangeness. :-)
Old 11-03-2012, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Beanpole View Post
I just read through the actual port for conky to see if there is anything funny going on with it, and I think I found a "hidden" flag (USE_XORG) that needs to be set for it to actually use the LUA_CAIRO and LUA_IMLIB2 build options. I just fixed the module to set that flag manually and triggered a rebuild, so we will see if that fixes this strangeness. :-)
is this fix available on the appcafe (RC-2) ? or do we have to use the ports to build it ? i tried building from the portjail but i got error at the end ! would appreciate if available on AppCafe... a (dot)conky folder created in the home directory where we can store the different conky styles and rc files and execute them by choosing the one we need...
a question : till things are resolved, is it possible to install conky as a linux compatible binary and be able to execute from pcbsd ? let me confess that there are awesome set of conky rc files available out there that just dont run on pcbsd !
Old 11-05-2012, 02:23 PM

This fix is causing a whole host of build problems for the PBI, which is preventing us from creating a "fixed" PBI at the moment. I am still working on this, but for the moment it might be easier to just use the ports system to install conky if you need the LUA scripting support.
I will make an announcement here once I have come up with a PBI module for conky that fixes these issues. (Maybe later today, I am trying something new with it right now to see if it fixes it)