PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Problem installing HPLIP

auricle
07-17-2007, 10:09 AM
Hi,

Just installed PCBSD and I am very impressed so far. I just need to get my HP PSC 1510 working.

Yet another hplip problem :D

It has been a very long time since I have used FreeBSD and the whole ports, packages thing so please consider me a newbie as I don't remember anything.

I am trying to install the hplip package. I did a:

setenv PACKAGESITE ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-6-stable/Latest/

and after pkg_add -r hplip I got the following error messages:

pcbsd-1442# pkg_add -r hplip
Fetching ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-6-stable/Latest/hplip.tbz...^[[A Done.
Fetching ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-6-stable/All/libGL-6.5.3_3.tbz... Done.
pkg_add: package 'libGL-6.5.3_3' conflicts with xorg-libraries-6.9.0
pkg_add: please use pkg_delete first to remove conflicting package(s) or -f to force installation
pkg_add: pkg_add of dependency 'libGL-6.5.3_3' failed!
Fetching ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-6-stable/All/libGLU-6.5.3.tbz... Done.
pkg_add: package 'libGLU-6.5.3' conflicts with xorg-libraries-6.9.0
pkg_add: please use pkg_delete first to remove conflicting package(s) or -f to force installation
pkg_add: pkg_add of dependency 'libGLU-6.5.3' failed!
Fetching ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-6-stable/All/ghostscript-gpl-8.57.tbz... Done.
pkg_add: package 'ghostscript-gpl-8.57' conflicts with ghostscript-gnu-7.07_15
pkg_add: pkg_add of dependency 'ghostscript-gpl-8.57' failed!

I then downloaded the ports using PCBSD's utility and cd into /usr/ports/print/hplip

a 'make install clean' gave me the following error:

pcbsd-1442# make install clean
On FreeBSD before 6.2 ports system unfortunately can not set default X11BASE by itself so please help it a bit by setting X11BASE=${LOCALBASE} in make.conf.
On the other hand, if you do wish to use non-default X11BASE, please set variable USE_NONDEFAULT_X11BASE.
*** Error code 1

What do I need to do now?

auricle
07-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Okay,

I editied /etc/make.conf and added X11BASE=${LOCALBASE} to the bottom.

Make now works, I will let you know how it goes.

BTW, I set up the ports using PCBSD's system (very slick method), but why didn't it automatically put X11BASE=${LOCALBASE} in make.conf?

Solarin
07-17-2007, 10:42 AM
BTW, I set up the ports using PCBSD's system (very slick method), but why didn't it automatically put X11BASE=${LOCALBASE} in make.conf?

Because, X11BASE only needed setting as of a couple of months ago, when FreeBSD updated their ports tree to XOrg 7, which involved a whole bunch of changes since they also relocated from /usr/X11R6 to /usr/local

Users of 1.4 won't have this problem, since the system ships with XOrg 7.2.

auricle
07-17-2007, 10:44 AM
All done.

It compiled without a problem. I then set up my HP 1510 on my D-Link DP-301U print server and everything worked great.

BTW, I had to download the .ppd file from LinuxPrinting.org as it wasn't in KDE's database. Other than that, it went smoothly.

auricle
07-17-2007, 10:45 AM

Because, X11BASE only needed setting as of a couple of months ago, when FreeBSD updated their ports tree to XOrg 7, which involved a whole bunch of changes since they also relocated from /usr/X11R6 to /usr/local

Users of 1.4 won't have this problem, since the system ships with XOrg 7.2.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation.