PDA

View Full Version : Dell Inspiron 5150

joeljoel
12-04-2006, 12:12 PM
Regarding the Synaptic Touchpad, what's required to get it to compile? I installed PCBSD w/o developer tools. When I dl'ed the Synaptics stuff (driver widget files?) and ran a make, it's missing pretty much everything needed to compile.

thanks

dracheflieger
12-04-2006, 01:17 PM
Regarding the Synaptic Touchpad, what's required to get it to compile? I installed PCBSD w/o developer tools. When I dl'ed the Synaptics stuff (driver widget files?) and ran a make, it's missing pretty much everything needed to compile.

thanks

Welcome joeljoel...this sysutils/ksynaptics KDE control center module for Synaptics touchpads
x11/gsynaptics GNOME Synaptics Touchpad setting tool
x11/libsynaptics Library to access the Xorg/XFree86 Synaptics TouchPad Driver
x11-servers/synaptics The Synaptics touchpad X driver
is what already exists in the ports tree if you have fetched your ports already (if not, found here on the Tasks tab (http://docs.pcbsd.org/guide/chap5.1.html)...I'm not running any laptops but the first and last I would get and then try the first to set it with.

rodonn
12-04-2006, 02:40 PM
There some X config twaeking to do...

If you get it working, post it up please... since I've not had chance to mess with that on my ALPS touchpad

joeljoel
12-07-2006, 02:15 AM
Fetching ports did the trick. After fetching, I ran sysinstall, config post-install -> mouse -> "test" and my touchpad came to life