PDA

View Full Version : HOWTO: Skype on PCBSD

gnutux
02-12-2006, 08:04 PM
I assume you have the default Linux compat layer or already have the linux_base-9.3 working. Any Linux compat layer SHOULD work, not guaranteed.

1. Get the ports tree
2. cd /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base-suse-9.3/
3. make (not make install)
4. get everything compiled (recommended)
5. cp /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base-suse-9.3/work/linux_base-9.3/usr/lib/GL/libGL.so.1 /compat/linux/usr/lib/
6. cp /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base-suse-9.3/work/linux_base9.3/usr/X11R6/lib/libXinerama.so.1 /compat/linux/usr/X11R6/lib/
7. cp /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base-suse-9.3/work/linux_base9.3/usr/X11R6/lib/libXinerama.so.1.0 /compat/linux/usr/X11R6/lib/
8. make clean
9. Download the static QT version of the latest Skype and extract it to a folder
10. ln -s <path>/skype /usr/local/bin/skype
11. type skype
OPTIONAL, in theory u don't need this
For skype_dsp_hijacker download my compiled version:
http://files.filefront.com/skype_dsp_hi ... einfo.html (http://files.filefront.com/skype_dsp_hijacker_06_compiledtargz/;4753700;;/fileinfo.html)

Extract it, copy the .so file to /usr/local/lib and the binary to /usr/local/bin

type skype_dsp_hijacker to launch it.

There, Skype ready for use.

Enjoy!

gnutux

DrJ
02-12-2006, 08:55 PM
Nice. I may well try it!

One question, though: why don't you copy the library file over to the right directory instead of using a symlink? Then you can "make clean" and get rid of all of your work files. It saves some space, and follows BSD conventions.

DrJ

gnutux
02-12-2006, 09:00 PM
when I wrote the tutorial, I haven't tried the copy command yet. Now I've tested it, I will fix it.

EDIT: FIXED

gnutux

DrJ
02-12-2006, 09:37 PM
I would suggest adding a "make clean" to your list to get rid of the work files.

I would also assume that you can either use the Suse library or the RH one, but not both. Is that right?

DrJ

gnutux
02-12-2006, 10:23 PM
well, it doesn't really matter. Skype asks for libGL.so.1, so, you just need to give'em that file.

gnutux

gnutux
02-12-2006, 11:23 PM
For dynamic libraries:
Do the exact steps but after step 5 do this:
cp /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base-suse-9.3/work/linux_base-suse-9.3/usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3 /compat/linux/usr/lib/
cp /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base-suse-9.3/work/linux_base-suse-9.3/usr/lib/libpng.so.3 /compat/linux/usr/lib/

Instead of downloading the static QT version, download the dynamic QT version, this will save you space.

gnutux