PDA

View Full Version : MonoDevelop and Mono

Walther
10-15-2010, 03:15 AM
Hi
I am requesting the PBI for an open Source C# and .NET development environment,
it is an open source, cross-platform, implementation of C# and the CLR that is binary compatible with Microsoft.NET,
Cross platform, open source .NET development framework,

http://www.freshports.org/devel/monodevelop/

Thanks

Walther

thnewguy
10-29-2010, 01:15 PM
I will try to build this package.

rhyous
03-23-2011, 02:08 PM
I second this request and of course add to it Moonlight

Mono,
Moonlight
MonoDevelop

Thanks,

Jared

kmoore134
03-23-2011, 06:08 PM
I've got a PBI for MonoDevelop done now, can you test it out?

64bit
ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/pbioutgoing/x64/8/devel/monodevelop/

32bit
ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/pbioutgoing/i386/8/devel/monodevelop/

rhyous
03-26-2011, 04:42 AM
The monodevelop port installed fine.

I don't have a perfect environment, as I have already installed mono and monodevelop from ports.

However, the PBI installs to a different directory and I checked ps -aux to make sure it launched the one from the different directory and it did.

It was able to compile a project that I had. Opens and closes fine.

No my port one doesn't open, but that is ok.

There was an exceptoin when I launched it from the shell:

WARNING: Cannot find Mozilla directory containing libgtkembedmoz.so. Some Addins may not be able to function. Please set MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME to your Mozilla directory.
WARNING [2011-03-25 22:41:38Z]: Gtk-Warning: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "qtcurve",
Stack trace:
at Gtk.Settings.get_Default()
at MonoDevelop.Ide.IdeStartup.Run(System.String[] args)
at MonoDevelop.Startup.MonoDevelopMain.Main(System.St ring[] args)
:1: error: unexpected character `\1', expected keyword - e.g. `style'
WARNING [2011-03-25 22:41:39Z]: Error creating composed icon gtk-execute___asm0__debug-overlay-22.png__SmallToolbar at size SmallToolbar. Icon __asm0__debug-overlay-22.png__SmallToolbar is 22x22, expected 16x16.
ERROR [2011-03-25 22:41:39Z]: GdkPixbuf-Critical: gdk_pixbuf_composite: assertion `dest_x >= 0 && dest_x + dest_width <= dest->width' failed
Stack trace:
at Gdk.Pixbuf.Composite(Gdk.Pixbuf dest, Int32 dest_x, Int32 dest_y, Int32 dest_width, Int32 dest_height, Double offset_x, Double offset_y, Double scale_x, Double scale_y, InterpType interp_type, Int32 overall_alpha)
at MonoDevelop.Ide.ImageService.MergeIcons(Gdk.Pixbuf icon1, Gdk.Pixbuf icon2)
at MonoDevelop.Ide.ImageService.GetComposedIcon(Syste m.String[] ids, IconSize size)
at MonoDevelop.Ide.ImageService.InternalGetStockId(Mo no.Addins.RuntimeAddin addin, System.String filename, IconSize size)
at MonoDevelop.Ide.ImageService.LoadStockIcon(MonoDev elop.Ide.Extensions.StockIconCodon iconCodon)
at MonoDevelop.Ide.ImageService.<EnsureStockIconIsLoaded>m__11C(MonoDevelop.Ide.Extensions.StockIconCodon i)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[[MonoDevelop.Ide.Extensions.StockIconCodon, MonoDevelop.Ide, Version=2.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]].ForEach(System.Action`1 action)
at MonoDevelop.Ide.ImageService.EnsureStockIconIsLoad ed(System.String stockId, IconSize size)
at MonoDevelop.Ide.ImageService.<ImageService>m__11A(System.String stockId)
at MonoDevelop.Core.IconId.get_Name()
at MonoDevelop.Core.IconId.op_Implicit(IconId icon)
at MonoDevelop.Components.Commands.CommandToolButton. Update(MonoDevelop.Components.Commands.CommandInfo cmdInfo)
at MonoDevelop.Components.Commands.CommandToolButton. MonoDevelop.Components.Commands.ICommandUserItem.U pdate(MonoDevelop.Components.Commands.CommandTarge tRoute targetRoute)
at MonoDevelop.Components.Commands.CommandToolButton. OnParentSet(Gtk.Widget parent)
at Gtk.Widget.parentset_cb(IntPtr widget, IntPtr previous_parent)
at Gtk.Container.gtksharp_container_base_add(IntPtr , IntPtr )
at Gtk.Container.OnAdded(Gtk.Widget widget)
at MonoDevelop.Components.DockToolbars.DockToolbar.On Added(Gtk.Widget w)
at Gtk.Container.added_cb(IntPtr container, IntPtr widget)
at Gtk.Container.gtk_container_add(IntPtr , IntPtr )
at Gtk.Container.Add(Gtk.Widget widget)
at MonoDevelop.Components.Commands.CommandManager.Cre ateToolbar(System.String id, MonoDevelop.Components.Commands.CommandEntrySet entrySet, System.Object initialTarget)
at MonoDevelop.Components.Commands.CommandManager.Cre ateToolbar(System.String id, MonoDevelop.Components.Commands.CommandEntrySet entrySet)
at MonoDevelop.Components.Commands.CommandManager.Cre ateToolbarSet(System.String addinPath)
at MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.DefaultWorkbench.InitializeWor kspace()
at MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.Workbench.Initialize(IProgress Monitor monitor)
at MonoDevelop.Ide.IdeApp.Initialize(IProgressMonitor monitor)
at MonoDevelop.Ide.IdeStartup.Run(System.String[] args)
at MonoDevelop.Startup.MonoDevelopMain.Main(System.St ring[] args)
Error: did not find one of the files in sources//home/jared/.config/MonoDevelop/MonoDocCache/sources/mono-file-formats
Error: did not find one of the files in sources//home/jared/.config/MonoDevelop/MonoDocCache/sources/mono-tools
Error: did not find one of the files in sources//home/jared/.config/MonoDevelop/MonoDocCache/sources/monoapi

rhyous
03-26-2011, 04:15 PM
I forgot to mention that while the exception occurred, it appears benign as the application worked. I am no sure if the above exception would affect the application's use as it didn't appear to.

rhyous
03-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Ok, so monodevelop from ports gives the same exception. So your PBI appears to be working exactly as the port.

kmoore134
03-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Sounds good then, I'll let Ken know to approve and upload it then :)

Beanpole
03-28-2011, 06:47 PM
MonoDevelop version 2.4 has just been released.
It should be available from the PBIDIR mirrors within the next 24 hours.