PDA

View Full Version : Question about X and mice with extra buttons.

JohnnyS
09-29-2005, 11:54 PM
Warning: noob alert!

How do I check what version of X is running? I have PC-BSD version 0.8.2

Also, I am trying to get my M$ "Intellimouse" to work, with buttons 4 and 5 acting as "forward" and "back" in Firefox. I got that working in Ubuntu with a change to the xorg.conf file, but I haven't been able to fix it in PC-BSD yet.

antik
10-13-2005, 05:33 PM

Also, I am trying to get my M$ "Intellimouse" to work, with buttons 4 and 5 acting as "forward" and "back" in Firefox. I got that working in Ubuntu with a change to the xorg.conf file, but I haven't been able to fix it in PC-BSD yet.

There is no differences in any linux or unix distribution in configuring mouse. X is the same all the time.

shawn
10-13-2005, 08:51 PM

I was just wondering, how did you get this working? I would also like to use my two extra buttons considering every single mouse i have has those :)

JohnnyS
10-14-2005, 05:10 AM
X may be the same but the changes I made in xorg.conf in Ubuntu did not work in the configuration file in PCBSD. That's why I was asking about the version of X installed.

So I'm back to Ubuntu.